- Colour: Should be green, kernels with pink-brown skin, encased in a creamy shell with
minimal discoloration and blemishes.
- Flavour: Typical of raw Pistachios, free from any objectionable flavours.
- Odour: Should be free from any objectionable odours and taints.
- Texture: Should be firm and not soft kernels encased in a shell, free flowing.
- Size: 21-25 (20.6 - 25.5 count per oz.)
- Grade Allowance: Extra No. 1
- Moisture: 7% maximum at Shipment (aim 5-6%)
- Aflatoxin: 15ppb maximum
- External Defects: Dark Stain (included in light stain) - 2.0% maximum
- Foreign Matter (No glass or live insects):0.25% maximum
All our pistachios shall be free from mold, unnatural odors, chemicals, and insects.